It's almost been a week since I started working. It isn't as stressful as studying, might I say, if only because I'm not pressured to write papers and meet deadlines like my other co-workers who are directly involved with the project (Energy and Clean Air Project of USAID). My work entails doing simple things like answering phone calls, scheduling meetings and updating them throughout the day, photcopying and/or filing documents and letters, etc. In other words, the menial tasks (like what Marl blogged about a few months ago) - those that I would not consider doing before just because I thought I wasn't trained and educated to be doing them.
However, humility and servanthood, as well as putting my "unreserved" faith, trust and confidence in the Lord, are important lessons He taught me while I was still waiting on Him (i.e. for a job). I enjoy what I'm doing and deep inside, I know that even if I will be doing these little things day in and day out for I don't know how long, I am called to fulfill a much greater task. I'm enjoying work because now I understand that it is truly just secondary and that my primary occupation is being God's missionary and witness.
I feel as if I'm only having an immersion, or another DS150 practicum, or in social science research terms, 'participant observation' not only on this job but here on earth. This isn't my home; heaven is. Earth is a training ground, a workshop place to become like Jesus Christ.
And while I am here, I will serve God and others like Jesus did. He himself picked up the towel and washed his disciples feet. Afterwhich he spoke:
John13:14-15 - If, I, therefore, the master and teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash one another's feet. I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do.
5 comments:
wow! lovely entry dichie! amen to participant observation. it's a nice, and fitting, metaphor :) may the Lord continue to equip you with your "work" there :D
Yup! Thanks achie :D Nagsulat ako stream of consciousness after ko mag-quiet time. Yay!
I praise God because apparently, I'm not alone here. Manang and one of the consultants as well as Sir's PA are Christians :)
Your real work's for the harvest.:)
So cool, He really leads people to the right place (Mt. 6).:)
I'm thankful to have internalised "My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter". It's such a real honor to be on mission for God.
I take real pride in it :)
and so I will change my username na here hehe :D i'll make it "My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter" na rin like in my other blog hehe :D
Post a Comment