I haven't been updating my blog(s) as much as I did when I was in college; ironically, that, when there is so much time to do so after graduation. Perhaps it is because after writing my reflections and prayers on my journal - one that is, of course, not mediated by technology - I become too lazy to re-write and edit them to come up with a coherent piece. One might probably think, it is not as if this blog will ever be graded or something, for me to be extra-concerned with the rules for formal writing.
Blogging has opened a space for people to express themselves any way they want, anytime they want. One might even ask further, why do I seem to be implicitly placing limitations on myself as to what kind of entries I must write. But then again, I do so, knowing that even this - making a blog that is public - has its purpose.
I am not saying that it is normative for blogs to have real purpose; nor am I suggesting that every entry it contains need to be serious, coherent or insightful. One can always conveniently argue for 'freedom' and 'self-expression' and I am in no position to police other people's thoughts and writings. Afterall, we have different personalities and as such, we are bound to write differently.
Personally, however, I write in order to share the good news to other people. Somehow, I realised that as a Christian, all possibilities and means to bring Jesus to people must be exhausted. Some people go out and actually preach. Some work humbly in various ministries. And so I thought, why not use this to speak and witness to other people?
Indeed, why would I not want to be used by God to reach out to others even in this little way? Why would I not delight in being His letter - both by my life, and by what I literally write?
Knowing my purpose in life (by knowing God more intimately) has taught me the art of doing things purposively.
That is why I write. That is why I 'went public' about my faith.
And that is also why when God lets words well inside me, I will allow them to flow to you who reads.
No one really has what it takes to do this work...
But we are God's sincere messengers,
and by the power of Christ
we speak our message
with God as our witness.
-2 Corinthians 2:16b, 17b
No comments:
Post a Comment