03 January 2006

Silence

*(more than a month ago at dawn)

I mistook you
as
the deadness of words,
and the guilt in whispers
too distasteful to listen to

Even when I conveniently blamed you
for what I could not hear,
or what you did not allow me to speak,
I secretly marveled at the depths
you exposed:
heartaches,
frustrations,
and the hope that comes
with each heavy sigh.

I labeled you
for what you were not.
Perhaps,
because I did not know then ,
that like me,
you also cried.
As real as your presence is
to my weak flesh,
you too were broken.
The truth is,
you bled even more.

Loving you now,
for who you really are -
for what they constantly miss -
I decided to linger
in your embrace
forever.
And as I sink
deeper
into your Being,
I will soon understand,
that like you,
I, too, must be broken.

3 comments:

jarletofclay said...

Haha! All I could think of is a literary comment: we're both obviously greatly influenced by postmodernism.:p The structure says it all.:D

Z said...

Nyahahaha! Hindi ba maipagkakaila? RC doesn't think I'm a PoMo or Marxist...I'm a conservative/neoliberal in disguise daw. Wahahahaha! Tuta ng mga Kano! :D

Marley said...

Oh wow... a poem :p